A visa is required for Canadian citizens and can be obtainable through the High Commission office in Ottawa (http://www.tzrepottawa.ca/visa.html) or upon arrival in Tanzania at the airport for US $50.
- Passport must be valid for one year for entry.
- US dollars are accepted in all hotels and restaurants, and gets the best exchange rate. ATM machines and most major credit cards accepted.
- Visit a travel clinic for medical and vaccine requirements at least one month before your departure.
- Consider purchasing medical travel insurance in addition to what is offered in your package.
- Ensure you have a two pin Voltage: 220-240 Volts (U.S./Canada are 110-120 Volts). Click here for requirements
- Carry all chargers for your various gadgets.
- Carry an extra memory card and batteries for your camera.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- Pack light for a safari - remember, what you THINK you might need, you WON’T use!